DOT TankOur fuel tanks have been granted a Special Permit from the Department of Transportation (DOT). This special permit allows the end user to refuel their vehicles, equipment, or machinery without having to remove the fuel tank from the transporting vehicle. The Special Permit also authorizes the manufacture, mark, and selling of these refueling tanks to store and dispense gasoline, diesel, methanol, aviation fuel, and kerosene up to 119 gallons in capacity.Most fuel transfer tanks and auxiliary tanks on the market are not designed for refueling flammable liquids such as gasoline, but instead only to transport non-flammable liquids. The non-bulk refueling tanks used with our fuel trailers are designed and DOT approved for transport and refueling while the refueling tank is still attached to the transporting vehicle. Also, the tanks are DOT approved for flammable liquids such as gasoline, avgas, and kerosene while still being able to be used with non-flammables liquids. Operators should not transport flammable liquids without planning and careful consideration. From a safety standpoint though, you can have confidence that our models are built with only the correct and safest components for the job.
DOT TrailerGasTrailer is a registered trailer manufacturer with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a division of the DOT. As such, all of our trailers adhere to DOT requirements with lighting equipment, tires, wheels, axles, sizing, weight, and safety.
Below are a few example components we use:
- Lighting: Bright LED lights are used for all side markers, tail lamps, and brake lamps.
- Tires: Radial tires are used to provide a strong and long-lasting solution.
- Wheels: Polished aluminum wheels are installed for a beautiful shine and rust prevention.
- Axles: Torsion axles are used for strength, stability, and quality.
- Sizing and Weight: With their smaller footprint, compliance is met across the board with our shorter, slimmer, and light weight trailer packages.
- Safety: In addition to compliance, every trailer is built and assembled in the USA for safety and quality control.